Chandigarh, July 22, 2020:- A meeting of Water Supply & Sewerage Disposal Committee, Municipal Corporation Chandigarh held here today under the chairmanship of Sh. Anil Kumar Dubey and attended by other members of committee namely Sh. Hardeep Singh, Sh. Bharat Kumar, Sh. Rajesh Gupta, Sh. Jagtar Singh, Sh. Dalip Sharma, Sh. Gurpreet Dhillon, Haji Mohd. Khushird Ali and concerned officers of MCC.
The committee members discussed and decided following important issues related to water supply and sewerage disposal:
- Replacement of standby 6.3/8 MVA power transformer installed at 66 KV substation for water works Kajauli as deposit work at an estimated cost of Rs. 21.55 lacs.
- The details of non-revenue water supply and leakage should be placed before the next meeting of the committee.
- The committee observed that the water supply, sewerage and storm water system is essential service being provided by the MCC and suitable steps be taken in this regard to avoid health hazardous in all the villages. The members also sought proper detailed list of tubewells falling in the villages.
- The committee asked the concerned officers to initiate campaign in the villages to allot water connection after settlement of their old water bill disputes.
- The committee also discussed the issue of water supply bylaws to regulate the water tanker service in city.
- The committee asked the concerned engineers to check the illegal boring of tubewells in institutes and tap them immediately to ensure health and hygiene of citizens.
- The committee members sought list of all toilet blocks maintained by the Self Help Groups under the jurisdiction of MCC.
- The members asked the officers to put up status of mobile water ATM scheme in the next meeting to take appropriate action.
- The committee asked the concerned engineers to pursue the case of deposit work for provision of hot line at Kajauli Water works.
- The members were of the view that developmental works being carried out by the Municipal Corporation be intimated to the respected area councilor prior to the execution.