Chandigarh, January 22:- A meeting of Town Vending Committee, Chandigarh was held in MCC today under the chairmanship of Sh. K.K. Yadav, IAS, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation, Chandigarh. Other members of TVC including Sh. V.N. Sharma, Mrs. Sangita Vardhan, Sh. Sita Ram, Sh. Ram Pal, representatives from traffic police, SSP, SDM’s and other officials of MCC were present during the meeting.
During the meeting, it was decided that the defaulters who had not paid their dues as of 31st January shall be given final chance to pay all their dues till 29th of February, 2020.
The other points discussed during the meeting were including:
- Umbrellas and coverings which are foldable, temporary/removable are allowed to be used by the vendors after approval from MCC to provide uniformity according to their trades.
- The Committee also accorded approval for providing 10 new mobile washrooms for the sector 15 vending site.
- The Committee also considered the following vendors including Tandoor vendors, Parantha makers and Chhole Bhature makers in the ESP category.
- The Committee decided to explore possibilities to rehabilitate vendors in the Mauli Jagran Thada Market site.
- The committee will visit to see the proper rehabilitation of pottery makers in Manimajra.
- For sincere vendors that have been rehabilitated too far from their areas, TVC has decided they may be allowed to pay the vending fee of December, January and February in installments within a period of 6 months from March till August.
- The motor mechanics will be considered as ‘vendors’ but before the next survey, changes might be made and they might be considered a separate category.
- TVC also stressed about controlling the unregistered vendors and appeal the Traffic and Law & Order departments to coordinate along with the MCC since, it is a collective responsibility.