Chandigarh, July 17:- A meeting of committee constituted by Smt. Raj Bala Malik, Mayor, Chandigarh to enhance revenue sources of the Municipal Corporation Chandigarh was held here today in the conference room of MCC, which was attended by member councilors namely Sh. Rajesh Kumar, Sh. Anil Kumar Dubey, Sh. Mahesh Inder Singh Siddhu, Sh. Davesh Moudgil, Sh. Satish Kumar Kainth, Sh. Satish Kumar Jain and Sh. Anil Kumar Garg, Additional Commissioners, Sh. Saurabh Arora, Joint Commissioner, Sh. Shailender Singh, Chief Engineer and other senior officers of Municipal Corporation Chandigarh.
During the meeting the financial status and sources to enhance the income of Municipal Corporation and following issues were discussed in detail:
- As per the Act, the rights of revenue such as transfer of RLA and Stamp Duty etc. may be allowed to the Municipal Corporation Chandigarh to strengthen its financial position.
- Short term, mid term and long term measures be taken in the field of revenue generation in all the resources.
- Recommendations of 4th Delhi finance commission be implemented.
- Possibilities be explored to conduct survey through agency regarding generating revenue resources in the MCC.
- Agenda be brought out in the General House meeting of MCC to rent out or dispose off constructed properties case to case falling under the jurisdiction of MCC.
- Village wise revenue record of properties and lands be generated.
- Space for ATMs be identified in the community centres to generate revenue.
- One post of Patwari and Kanungo be filled up to look after Estate wing in MCC to generate revenue records and maintain all the properties & land in villages falling under the jurisdiction of MCC.
- Agenda be brought up in General house meeting to impose cess on sale and purchase deeds of properties and vehicles in Chandigarh.
- The project of bus queue shelters be fully transferred to the MCC including liense fee and Advertisement fee.
- Possibilities be explored to identify more Unipoll spaces in city to generate handsome revenue.
- Advertisements be allowed on first come first serve basis only online for generating revenue for the time being till the tender of Advertisements in toilet blocks matures.
- Department may workout on Neon advertisements on prominent buildings of MCC.
- Booking of open spaces and advertisement permission through online to enhance the revenue.
- Survey of Dhabas and eating joints for renting out the space on Sq. Ft. basis to allow table and chairs outside and corners besides their premises.
- Advertisement control Act powers and rent be channelize through proper regulation and regular enforcement. Receipt of Challan fee be made instant/on the spot.
- Water bill arrears be settled one time bases to recover the long pendency.
- Policy of rent from mobile towers be reviewed in the next meeting.
- Survey may be conducted to provide space for ATMs in the tubewells.
- Survey may be conducted to fix dimmers on street lights and lights provide in the city parks.
The next meeting has been scheduled to be held on 24th July, 2020 at 11.00 am.