Chandigarh 29 JAN 2021. Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT, Chandigarh took a review meeting with the senior officers today in UT Secretariat. Adviser, Sh. Manoj Parida, Principal Secretary Home, Sh. Arun Kumar Gupta, Director General of Police, Sh. Sanjay Beniwal, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation, Sh. KK Yadav, Deputy Commissioner, Sh. Mandip Brar, Chief Conservator of Forests, Sh. Debendra Dalai and other officers attended the meeting.
- It was decided that the guidelines issued by Government of India for containment of covid-19 will be applicable to UT Chandigarh. However, there will be no limit in the number of persons attending social events. Strict covid protocol will be followed, as per the SOPs issued by Government of India. The Administrator appealed to the citizens to follow covid appropriate behaviour.
- It was decided that the colleges in UT will start from 11/02/2021; both online and offline teaching will continue. As already decided, the schools will reopen from 01/02/2021 for classes from VI to VIII.
- The Administrator also directed Administration to move to Government of India for introducing a scheme, where in the event of death of any employee engaged in covid duty, an amount of Rs.50 lacs will be given as compensation. Presently, the grant is available only for Health employees. The Administrator directed that the proposal may be sent for covering other employees too.
- The Administrator directed that since a lot of constructions and developments have happened outside Lal Dora area, the Administration should formulate a scheme to regularize the development. A detailed discussion on this subject will be held in the Administrator’s Advisory Council meeting or its Sub-Committees.
- The Administrator took serious note about Media’s reporting on burning of files of Estate Office by some staff. He directed Director General of Police to conduct serious investigation into the matter. A magisterial inquiry has already been ordered.
- The Administrator finalized the list of agenda items to be taken up in the next Administrator’s Advisory Council meeting scheduled on 10/02/2021. He also reviewed the progress of work in setting up of International level Shooting Range, Antique Car Museum in the Glass Press Building and Sardar Beant Singh India International Centre. He directed all officers to expedite the work, so that the time loss due to corona could be caught-up.
- The Administrator directed Chandigarh Housing Board to examine the demand of residents for one time regularization of additional construction on DDA pattern.